WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
So that we can provide you with a full range of services, we may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including from our website, from telephone discussions with you, from written information you have sent to us and from other communications. This information may include your name, address and contact details.
We do not, through the website, actively request or solicit sensitive personal data from you (as that term is defined in the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003).
We may also gather the following information when you visit the website including:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
This may include:
- using such information to help identify you when you are seeking to use our services;
- communicating with you;
- for record keeping purposes, in aggregate (and anonymously) for market research purposes,
- to help us to administer services and products which we offer,
- to help detect fraud or loss, to publish trends, or to improve the usefulness and content of our services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our services or offering; and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Where we collect information about you, we will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
In relation to information which we receive about you from other sources, we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
In some circumstances, we may conduct credit checks with licensed credit reference agencies when you apply to purchase a service or product from us. If this is applicable, then we will state so in our terms of business.
We may also use personal information collected from you to tailor your visits to our website or to recommend goods and services to you that you may find of use. If you do not wish to receive any such information, please tick the box when registering your details.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share the personal information which we gather about you or which you provide to us with:
- third parties with whom we have business or marketing relationships from time to time.
- third parties when required to do so by law or to comply with any applicable law.
We may also from time to time contact you in relation to offers which we thing you may be interested in. If you do not wish us to do this, please tick the box when registering your details or on the order confirmation screen.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
As part of our business, we maintain stringent security measures designed to protect your personal information. This may include following certain procedures, physical or technological protection and may include encryption of data or asking you for proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to yourself.
COOKIES AND E-MAIL
We may also use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Google analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We may from time to time use e-mail to contact you to notify you of new products or services which we may from time to time supply. We will provide you with an opportunity on obtaining your personal information to request that we do not send you any such messages. However, please contact us at any time should you wish to change your decision either way.
We reserve the right to monitor all forms of communication whether electronic or otherwise with you for the purposes of development of the service and compliance with our policies and procedures. We may also use such monitoring to provide evidence of transactions which we have entered into with you.
TRANSFERS OF DATA
We may choose to transfer your data to a third party or server who is not based within the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we may contact you prior to doing so to confirm that you are happy for us to transfer such data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes (an "opt-out"). We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will endeavour to ensure that the information we hold about you will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us. If you find any inaccuracies in such data, please notify us and we shall delete or correct it promptly.
You can contact us at email@example.com to request that we provide you with access to your personal information or that we update or delete your personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request and may charge you the relevant statutory fee for such a request. We may retain an archived copy of your records if required to do so by law or for legitimate business purposes.
SALE OF BUSINESS